Heavy Tough Farm
Each owner or driver who participates in pulling events operated under these rules is fully responsible for the safety of his equipment Nothing herein should be construed as a guarantee against injury or death to participants, crewmen, family members, bystanders or spectators. Each participant must assure that their equipment and replacement equipment throughout the season meets the safety requirements for this class.
All Heavy Tough Farm Tractors must be stock appearing. Hoods, grill, fenders and frame must be stock appearing for make and model being pulled. Tractor must have a stock block or its replacement. No component tractors will be permitted in the class.
· 10,500 and 12,500 pounds
· No weight may extend more than 24" beyond the forward most point of the hood or front tires.
· Rear weights may not extend more than 6" past rear tires, and may not interfere with hooking device or ability to hook and unhook the tractor from the sled.
· No weights permitted on seat or deck.
· Any weights or external parts lost while hooked to the sled will be cause for disqualification of the pull.
· All weight must be securely fastened. Tarp straps are not allowed anywhere on the tractor.
· 3,000 RPM limit on all tractors.
· Tractors competing will be tested prior to hooking.
· Tractors may also be subject to a testing during competition and also at the end of the track. Tech officials will have the option to operate the throttle.
· Refusal by tractor operator will result In disqualification.
· Must be OEM block or its replacement, no visual modifications to block
· Must have OEM stock head (no recast blocks or heads, no aluminum heads, no deck plates/girdles, no hard blocking, no intake spacers).
· Use of torque converters, automatic shift, etc. is permitted.
CUBIC INCH: Maximum 504 cubic inch
· Stock appearing OEM style pumps required (No P Pumps). Legality of the injector pump by officials is based on the visual inspection of the outside housing and not the inner workings of the injector pump.
· All fuel injection pumps must maintain stock OEM Dimensions
· No Billet Pumps, no sigma pumps OR MW or Re-Cast pumps are permitted.
· Supply pumps are permitted.
THROTTLE: Tractors must be equipped with stock throttle.
· Tractor is limited to a single turbocharger;the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be 2.6".
· The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or Internal calipers. Measurement point will be at the actual turbo housing inlet.
· A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed.
· Turbo is limited to an out of the box borg warner s366 at this time with no modifications or machining to the housing to allow a larger wheel. No clipped wheels or altered wheels allowed.
· Lesser turbos are allowed upon inspection or by tech officials prior to pulling.
· OEM stock intake and exhaust manifolds must be used for that series engine (alterations for turbo mounting ONLY are allowed).
a) Compressor wheel must protrude into 2.6" bore.
b) Stock map width enhancement up to .145" permitted. Must be In OEM location
c) All Air flow must go through the turbo intake and map ring, no other air flow will be permitted: For example Drilled holes around the turbo intake are not allowed.
· Water injection is allowed.
· No intercoolers.
· No types of accelerants or oxygen extenders or the like will be permitted.
· Competitor may be required to drain water and refill with new water approved by tech officials.
· MUST discharge vertically, and
· MUST have two (2) Grade 5 cross bolts (3/8"} in the exhaust elbow or pipe. Bolts must be installed 90 degrees to each other and within one (1) inch of each other as close to turbo as possible.
FUEL TANKS: No pressurized fuel tanks.
· Fuel must be OEM equipped and intended whether diesel or gas.
· No oxygen or other accelerants such as methanol, cetane, propane,or any other that may be considered an accelerant.
· Must have original hood,grill,and sheet metal.
· Rear fenders are required.
· Must be equipped with steel hitching device with thickness no less than 1" square or1-1/8" round stock and no more than 1-1/2" thick square or round stock.
· A minimum of 3·1/2" and maximum 3-1/2" diameter hole is required.
· A cross sectional thickness of 1" square minimum must be maintained at any given point of hitch loop.
· No bracing above center of axle except for complete factory setup. .
· If above center, it must be cradled.
· Drawbar length is 18" from the center of rear axle to point of hook up.
· Drawbar must be stationary in all directions.
· Maximum height is- 20" from top of hitching device parallel to the ground.
· Any vertical clevis will be measured to center of loop.
· Tire size limited to 20.8 x 38.
· No cut tires, no tire studs or chains permitted.
· Four wheel drive tractors are permitted if front wheels are disengaged.
· No dual wheels.
BRAKES: All tractors must be equipped with both rear brakes working.
FRONT END: Tractors must be equipped with wide front end.
• All engine fans must be shrouded with factory shroud or 1/16" thick steel shroud
• All tractors must have a safety kill switch or an air shutoff
• Each tractor must have a 2.5 lb.dry chemical fire extinguisher accessible to the driver while operating the tractor
• Must have at a minimum of a factory R.O.P.S. system capable of supporting the tractor at Its heaviest weight class.
• All Tractors must have wheelie bars and roll bar or Factory ROPS.
• All tractors must have wheelie bars that are able to support the weight of the tractor.
• Driver must wear a motor sport designed helmet. (Snell80 or higher).
• Driver must be a minimum of 18 years of age to pull in this class (or if ages 16 or 17 must present a signed and notarized statement of permission from a parent or legal guardian).
• All drivers must wear leather shoes and long pants.
• No more than one person is permitted on the tractor at any time.
• Driver must remain seated and have at least one hand on the wheel at all times.
• Driver may not leave the seat of the tractor while it is running.